Mills James has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Audio Specialist to join the growing Mills James Experience Group (MJx). The Audio Specialist works closely with clients, Producers, Production Managers, and the Director of Technology to prepare relevant audio designs and equipment for safe and timely installation and operation at live events. Serves as A1 or A2 on-site as needed, leading a crew of staff, freelancers, and vendors to implement the creative vision. Maintains and prepares audio equipment in service of the above.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in the implementation of live audio technologies and concepts, including line-array and point source speaker system design/layout, frequency management, wired and wireless microphone operation, EQing, digital and analog mixing, playback and recording. Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James Xytech Enterprise facilities management software.
- Valid driver’s license and medical card required. May require CDL; May also be required to obtain a U.S. Passport. Must be available for 60 percent travel and work flexible hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend pre-conference meetings with Production Manager and/or Producer.
- Work with Production Manager and band/talent management and personnel to assess technical requirements.
- Work closely with the Producer and Production Manager as an Audio Director, directing the audio portion of live events (including selecting/organizing music content, recording/performing voiceovers, assigning microphones to talent, and determining the placement of audience response microphones). In some instances where a Producer or Production Manager is not present, all Audio Direction may be at your own discretion.
- Provide appropriate paperwork to facilitate installation, patching, tuning and operation of audio equipment.
- Manage inventories of expendables and replacement parts for audio equipment.
- Evaluate freelancers as to their suitability to perform audio-related functions.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.