Director of av Services
The Director of AV Services will provide technical expertise to the AV team, design systems, create CAD drawings and supervise rigging teams in a Convention Center setting. Under the direction of the Director, the day-to-day needs of the audiovisual facility will be handled by a team of dedicated project managers who handle breakouts, general session and the exhibit hall space simultaneously.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate equipment, logistics and technical needs within a Convention Center setting
- Coordinate and schedule on-site staff and hire freelancer teams as needed
- Coordinate travel and trucking for crew and equipment
- Work closely with clients and on-site staff
- Supervise project managers on-site during setup, the event and strike
- Coordinate all power, security, rigging and safety with show venues
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients as needed
- Perform site surveys; see that all technical check lists are completed by each department as well as the final production checklist
- Prepare and update estimates and job charge orders throughout the project process
- Prepare room drawings and revise as required
- Follow all safety procedures to insure the safety of our crews, clients and audiences
Directly supervise and coordinate crews of two to 100 on various projects; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Mills James policies and applicable laws. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the interviewing and training of new employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Safety training
- Assisting in appraising performance
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
This position requires the Director to have a minimum of four years successful experience with current audiovisual technology, management and IT-related systems as they pertain to the production industry. Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience within a hotel or conference center.
- Outstanding client service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to work a varied schedule, including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Appropriate communication and organizational skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Vectorworks
- Valid driver's license
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.