Hotel AV Specialist
Mills James is seeking a dynamic Audiovisual Specialist to join our growing hospitality AV team as we secure a new premium property in Columbus. The primary role of this position is to support execution of live events and meetings at hotel and conference center sites.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in an extraordinary service hospitality environment.
- Possess a basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting and computers for meeting/event purposes. Understanding signal flow is a key requirement. Computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus.
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication and organizational skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional attention to the details and good trouble shooting skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and able to drive box trucks and cargo vans.
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
- Candidates must have a minimum of one-year experience in the audiovisual industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with the property onsite staff to maximize effectiveness of our sales and service, and exceed our customer’s expectations … always with a smile.
- Attend sales meeting at the property to determine AV needs by the client.
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the A/V equipment for meetings & events.
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Communicates equipment maintenance needs to the MJ warehouse Logistics Manager.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.