Pre-pro AV Specialist [Cincinnati]
Mills James is seeking a dynamic Audio Visual Specialist to join the Pre-Professional Program. The Pre-Pro will assist the technical teams in managing the production process, from pre-production to post-production while exceeding our clients' expectations and maintaining the highest professional standards. The primary role of this position is to support the technical managers on the execution of live events and equipment maintenance. This opportunity is based in Mills James' Cincinnati production office.
- Possess a basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting and computers for meeting/event purposes. [Understanding signal flow is a key requirement. Computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus.]
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication and organizational skills, both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good trouble shooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of one-year experience in the audiovisual industry
- Work a crew position for events, including setup, execution and strike
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles for events [Must be able to lift 50 lbs]
- Check equipment in and out of warehouse facility
- Manage equipment issues and perform equipment maintenance under supervision
- Perform technology testing and report issues to supervisor
The Pre-Professional Program
Mills James’ Pre-Professional (Pre-Pro) Program is an intensive training program for college graduates and people who have trained at specialized schools for careers in the creative media production industry. The Pre-Pro Program attracts applicants with varied talents and exceptional backgrounds, experiences and education. A good Pre-Pro experience can give participants with valuable industry experience and contacts.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.