LIVE EVENT PRODUCER [MJX]
A Live Event Producer for the Mills James Experience Group (MJx) leads a creative team through the live event production process. You will supervise and/or coordinate all aspects of an event from conception to execution. You are responsible for understanding a client’s messaging and event goals and collaborating in developing design approaches both in staging and support materials. The Event Producer should be an experienced lead project and event manager, with a keen eye for detail, quality management, production experience, time management and multiple team coordination.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training in a live event production environment or equivalent combination of education and experience; four years of direct management of creative content and brand vision.
- The qualified candidate should be well-connected within the event industry with connections to vendors, suppliers, technical service providers, riggers and staffing agents;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and an understanding of Mac-based programs including Keynote;
- Become adept at using Mills James Xytech Enterprise facilities management software;
- Possess the highest level of communication skills, organization skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects, and a high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment;
- Must be available for 60 percent travel and work flexible hours.
- Valid driver’s license required; required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate proposal development, which includes the creative vision, estimates and any miscellaneous requirements falling outside Mills James’ core competencies.
- Gather client information and develop a creative plan for the event.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to create event estimates for project scope, schedule and resources, ensuring programs are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled within clients’ communicated parameters.
- Lead and motivate a collaborative team assembled of account, creative, technical, production, and outside vendors to ensure all work will achieve an outcome that meets and exceeds clients’ expectations profitably within budget.
- Supervise the creation of the event production administrative tasks, including but not limited to the technical script, cue sheet, rundown, specialist details.
- Manage the event (creative, budget, staff and talent).
- Provide show calling on-site throughout event production.
- Provide post-event support including, but not limited to show record duplication, show file management and requested client deliverables.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please attach your résumé and compensation expectations.