Pre-pro Production assistant [Cincinnati]
Mills James is seeking a dynamic Production Assistant (PA) to join the Pre-Professional Program. The Pre-Pro PA will assist staff producers in managing the production process, from pre-production to post-production while exceeding our clients' expectations and maintaining the highest professional standards. The PA will perform assigned tasks on time and on budget, and help make sure production runs smoothly. This opportunity is based in Mills James' Cincinnati production office.
- Develop strong communication and relationship skills when working closely with producers and clients
- Must be a self-starter, understanding and meeting all deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Must thrive on short deadlines and work well under pressure
- Schedule, manage and negotiate internal resources at the direction of the producer
- Coordinate and communicate production resources and facility arrangements in tandem with the production schedule
- Assist with producing budgets, monitoring costs and controlling expenses
- Assist with booking talent and coordinating casting calls
- Manage craft services/catering, accommodations and travel as directed
- Effectively manage multiple projects keeping producers informed
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Become familiar with existing and new creative techniques and technologies, including teleprompter and edit/audio software.
- Must have strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Experience in drama or broadcasting, whether it is in amateur dramatics, student radio or filmmaking, is also an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and an understanding of Mac-based programs
- Excellent time management skills
- Great attention to detail
the Pre-Professional Program
Mills James’ Pre-Professional (Pre-Pro) Program is an intensive training program for college graduates and people who have trained at specialized schools for careers in the creative media production industry. The Pre-Pro Program attracts applicants with varied talents and exceptional backgrounds, experiences and education. A good Pre-Pro experience can give participants with valuable industry experience and contacts.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.