Pre-pro multimedia/web designer [Columbus]
Mills James is seeking a dynamic Multimedia/Web Designer to work with our Marketing Department in the Pre-Professional Program. This candidate should be interested in pursuing a career in the Graphic and Web Design field. The Pre-Pro will have the opportunity to create a wide variety of branded work, including website microsites, marketing materials and social media campaigns. Responsibilities also include photo sourcing and retouching.
He/she must be creative, attentive to detail, and have a strong desire to learn new skills. This candidate should be detail oriented with a solid grasp of design fundamentals, typography, and color schemes to create strong visual designs which adhere to developed style guides. We are looking for a high-energy individual who is self-motivated and has a high standard of quality for their work. This opportunity is based in Mills James' Columbus office.
- Conceptualize and implement web pages under the guidance of the Marketing Coordinator and Graphic Artist using solid design and sensible user interface principles
- Must be a self-starter, understanding and meeting all deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Must thrive on short deadlines and work well under pressure
- Effectively manage multiple projects keeping the Marketing Coordinator informed
- Understanding of marketing principles as they pertain to B2B organizations
- Thorough knowledge of graphic design and illustration concepts
- Strong visual composition skills with ability to translate ideas into visually appealing media
- Understanding of typography, corporate identity and branding
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), and Keynote
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum level of online design work, freelance, school-based projects or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, being proactive and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Graduated with a degree in Web Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- Great attention to detail
the Pre-Professional Program
Mills James’ Pre-Professional (Pre-Pro) Program is an intensive training program for college graduates and people who have trained at specialized schools for careers in the creative media production industry. The Pre-Pro Program attracts applicants with varied talents and exceptional backgrounds, experiences and education. A good Pre-Pro experience can give participants with valuable industry experience and contacts.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.