Rigging Specialist [MJx]
The Rigging Specialist is responsible for rigging set up and repair for Mills James events at designated hotel and convention centers. They will also perform the functions of an AV Specialist when specific rigging duties are not assigned. We are looking for a motivated and energetic professional Rigger who takes initiative and pride in their work, and understands their key responsibility is to uphold safety and quality standards as a top priority.
- Bachelor's degree from two - four-year college or university; or three years’ related rigging experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mechanically inclined with experience in hands-on mechanical work.
- Proficient in the design and operation of audio, video, lighting and rigging systems.
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment; must possess a high degree of safety awareness.
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required.
- A high degree of adaptability and teamwork in a continually changing environment.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card if necessary.
- Able to pass all required employment screenings, such as drug test and criminal background check.
- Proficient ability to operate scissor lifts, articulating lifts and boom lifts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage designated facility rigger jobs, following specific rigging procedures in accordance with Mills James Rigging Standards.
- Verify rigging obstacles when reviewing rigging plot. Discuss load-in with the production manager and venue team for each event.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem-solving during install and load-out as needed.
- Complete visual and written inspection of all hardware in use, including motors and personnel lifts.
- Check that truss, overhead equipment, electrical and motors meet approved safety standards.
- Complete attachments to the truss, run and dress motor cables, focus speakers, lighting and other tie-offs and ensure safety of scenic pieces to hang-points.
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.