sales MANAGER OF EVENT TECHNOLOGIES
The Sales Manager of Event Technologies is responsible for managing the audiovisual sales efforts within a conference center setting based in Columbus, Ohio. This includes meeting with clients, producers and meeting planners and understanding the purpose of the event, designing the technology elements of the event and negotiating the proposal with clients. The position is responsible for assisting the Director with managing the conference center relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish a coordinated sales effort with conference center clients
- Establish a consistently high level of event production solutions for clients
- Serves as primary contact for sales issues both internally and externally
- Leads the proposal process; proven successful experience writing and coordinating proposals
- Coordinate with the operations department to ensure successful events
- Cultivates and maintains a strong and rewarding business relationship with our hospitality partners
- Must have a minimum of three years of audiovisual sales experience in the events/hospitality industry
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Hospitality Management or related field
- Demonstrated sales results and success in managing multiple event accounts
- Must have true understanding of the sales process
- Pays attention to details of all event projects, and completes paperwork in a timely and proper manner
- Ability to work with the team, and adapt to/be interested in selling in a hotel/conference center AV environment
- Proven computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate professional presentation skills
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to work a varied schedule, including early mornings, nights and weekends, as needed by the client
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.