BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
Mills James has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as a business development professional. This person is responsible for growing new corporate and agency accounts by leveraging Mills James’ national video and event production reputation to sell to a wide range of clients. Working closely with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, the business development person would be directly responsible for lead identification, understanding client needs, pitch development, proposal management and account planning. Do you have a proven new business track record? We want to hear from you! Specific vertical market expertise and contacts in large industries such as healthcare, finance, technology, government, consumer packaged goods or retail is a bonus.
REQUIREMENTS AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and five years of related experience in new business development/account management, preferably in creative production or communication services
- Strong industry connections (corporations and agencies) and the respect of industry peers
- A proven strategic and innovative thinking with significant oral and written communication skills
- A strong self-starter who can work autonomously, with proven success in building new business from scratch
- Strong client communication and organizational skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple proposals
- Lead strategic process that creates revenue growth among new business development
- Lead the proposal process; proven successful experience writing and coordinating proposals
- Commitment to communication strategies applicable to a client’s business; understanding Mills James’ core competencies and how they can be part of a client’s overall communications goals
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.