The Co-Associate Producer must express a passion for a broadcast television production. This upbeat, service-oriented person will help the Producer with managing various daily assignments. People skills are the most desired qualities needed to perform this job as this is a client and vendor-facing position. This position may also handle the management and coordination of teams outside of our organization.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate studio and post-production schedules alongside the Producer
- Provide logistic support for client and show contestant travel and lodging
- Be on set during the production of the show(s), performing a variety of duties from talent and audience coordination to providing support in the control room when necessary
- Work hand-in-hand with the existing Co-Associate Producer to complete the requirements of the production schedule
- With guidance from the Producer, actively train to write scripts and brainstorm creative ideas with the team
- Work with the Producer to develop new production elements
- Participate in biweekly Zoom conferences with the client and monthly in-person meetings with the client in Columbus or Cleveland, OH
- Assist with the monthly production batch in the control room or studio as assigned by the Producer
- Take part in the show post-production review process
- Participate in the scheduling of resources ranging from post-production suites, field shoots, and closed captioning
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or three years’ video and broadcast production-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of experience as an Associate Producer or Production Assistant in a broadcast or production environment is required
- Three years of professional experience managing creative staff and processes in a production environment is preferred
- An individual with supervisory skills and advanced social media marketing background is preferred
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges, excellent interpersonal skills, and is a proactive problem-solver
- Ability to execute effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- An ability to understand, advocate, and embody Mills James’ values and team objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must learn and become adept at using MediaPulse facilities management software
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain US Passport
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.