The Associate Producer supports – and at times leads – the production team through the video production process. This associate will collaborate with internal and external partners to bring stories to life — on message, on time, and on budget.
Responsibilities include helping guide client messaging, managing production/post, and even leading creative development on smaller jobs. You will build efficient production teams, create schedules, manage workflows, and provide creative feedback along the way, working either with a more senior producer or on your own.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supporting video production throughout the creative development, production and post processes, whether as a team lead or an assistant
- Attending planning meetings, conference calls, and site surveys with clients as needed
- Leading creative or providing feedback, using resources efficiently, researching and investigating production strategies, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Logging and editing video as needed, within Adobe Creative Suite
- Collecting, processing, and sharing content feedback to internal and external partners
- Building production work schedules
- Managing staff and equipment, working with internal production managers
- Working closely with Producers to coordinate and schedule staff, outside rentals and freelancers as needed
- Understanding, managing, and executing purchase orders, timesheets, budgets, and other production-related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Understanding video production for events and working closely with video producers and editors to deliver event-related video packages
- Performing Production Assistant duties as requested by the Producer
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A passion for storytelling and finding new ways to drive audience engagement and results
- Skills in a variety of areas — writing, producing, editing, directing, graphics — or the desire and ability to acquire those skills quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to marketing, communications, or multimedia production
- 1-3 years of professional experience managing creative staff and workflows in a production environment
- Demonstrated understanding of video production best practices and its disciplines: shooting, editing, visual effects, audio sweetening, and distribution
- Knowledge of visual asset libraries, video and image licensing standards, and professional talent-hiring practices
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, and keep others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Outstanding client management skills with excellent service instincts
- Outstanding communication skills with clients and internal teams
- Excellent multitasking skills to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Willingness to take on new challenges and be a proactive problem-solver with executional excellence
- Effective at getting and giving honest and direct feedback
- Learn and become adept at using Basecamp, and Mills James MediaPulse Enterprise facilities management software and procedures
- Proficient in Office, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven ability or desire to become proficient with Prelude or Premiere for screening, logging, and making selects from footage in preparation for scripting and edit
- An ability to understand, advocate, and embody Mills James’ values and team goals
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, champion change, and influence others to change
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card if necessary
- Must be available for 40% travel (post-COVID) and work flexible hours
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.