The Mills James Video & Broadcast Group has an immediate opening for an Associate Video Producer. You would assist Video Producers, clients, and production teams throughout the entire video production process, from bid to concept to final client delivery. Given enough experience, you would also lead smaller projects at times.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
The Mills James Video & Broadcast Group consists of creative directors and producers who serve some of the best brands in the world. We produce broadcast spots, television programming, social media campaigns, short-form documentary storytelling, event opening videos, and everything in between. Those who join our team will also have a front-row seat to the many video innovations Mills James is in a position to pursue thanks to our industry standing and talent pool: holograms, mixed reality, virtual production, and projection mapping, to name a few.
There are two types of video producers in our world, and we’re looking for talented people who aspire to a career path in either.
- Creative producers who have a passion for visual storytelling in all its forms. Producers who thrive at concept development, writing, and managing creative development. Those who can bring stories to life memorably and on message.
- Organizationally minded producers who exude operational excellence with a proven ability to manage budgets, timelines, deadlines, and production logistics. Those whose passion lies in bringing stories to life on time and on budget.
- You unicorns who demonstrate both skill sets are especially in demand these days.
We’re looking for some or all of the following qualities as well:
- One to three years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: commercial production, corporate media, social media, broadcast news, or independent filmmaking
- Strong client skills: You have a collaborative spirit – you’re a great listener with a keen eye for detail, a knack for innovative problem solving, and the habit of communicating early and often to keep all project stakeholders in the loop
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, champion change, and influence others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding collaborative environment
- Strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Developing skills in one or more of these areas: writing, shooting, producing, editing, and graphics; or at least an understanding of the success factors and gotchas of the production process
- Working knowledge of visual asset libraries, video and image licensing standards, and professional talent-hiring practices, or the drive to learn them quickly
- The ability to use resources efficiently and meet deadlines
- Effective at giving honest and direct feedback and open to receiving it
- The desire and patience to grow into the role of Mills James Video Producer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card if necessary
Day In the Life: Typical Responsibilities
Note: Depending on team composition, Associate Producers won’t necessarily handle all of these duties for every project. In some situations, an Associate Producer would lead the team.
- Assist video producers in leading or executing creative development (scripting, storyboarding, previsualization)
- Managing production budgets and change orders in collaboration with video producers and Account Managers
- Scheduling and coordinating video shoots and postproduction under the direction of video producers, working with Production Assistants
- Assist with casting talent
- Supporting video producers in communicating logistical shoot details to crews and clients
- Working closely with Account Managers and video producers to manage client expectations and nurture strong client relationships
- Executing purchase orders, timesheets, budgets, and other production-related paperwork in a timely and accurate manner to help ensure production budgets hit profit goals
- Contributing to multiple project teams, keeping all stakeholders apprised of progress and timely needs
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.