Mills James seeks an Audiovisual Manager to join our growing Hospitality AV team. Our mission is to transform how hospitality clients view their AV partners. That’s why discriminating hotel properties, convention centers, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide trust their audiovisual and on-site production to us. We deliver audiovisual services worthy of their service standards.
The Audiovisual Manager will supervise daily operations at a hotel property. He/She/They will focus on the overall goals of the Mills James Hospitality division through exceptional customer service, innovative team development, leadership, and cost controls.
This full-time position is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The requirements listed represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience or training in a live event hospitality environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of customer service or hospitality experience
- One to two years of audiovisual experience in a live show environment
- Proficient with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the AV equipment for meetings and events
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory
- Communicates equipment maintenance needs to the Mills James warehouse logistics manager
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and the community
- Ensures the daily labor and equipment requirements are met with internal or external resources
- Ensures that proper billing practices are maintained
- Attends BEO and Pre-Cons meetings as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other Mills James team members, and all vendors
- Meet with guests on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.