Mills James is looking for a seasoned full-time Audiovisual Event Department Manager to oversee the day-to-day audiovisual and rigging operations of the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. The Dept. Manager will work closely with our property management to ensure our on-site AV staff exceeds our clients’ needs.
This position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training in a live environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of audiovisual experience in a live show environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises the on-site Audiovisual and Rigging Department staff
- Provides direct supervision to team members, including scheduling and equipment resource management
- Ensures the daily labor and equipment requirements are met with internal or external resources
- Ensures that proper billing practices are maintained
- Attends all operations and sales meetings as needed
- Ensure our services are being accurately charged per the contract with the property
- Responsible for the profitability and growth of the on-site Audiovisual and Rigging Department
- Responsible for the safety of our staff and meeting clients using our services
- Work closely with your sales manager to win contracts and to ensure that bids go out promptly
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other Mills James team members, and all vendors
- Meet with guests on-site to ensure that their needs are met, and the equipment setup is working properly
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Mills James core values
- Lead professional development and training efforts to improve overall business knowledge, technical skills, and service to the field
- Effectively uses applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are adequately trained
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.