Mills James is seeking a dynamic Audiovisual Technician to join our growing Hospitality AV team. The primary role of this position is to support the execution of live events and meetings at hotel and conference center sites.
This position is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with the onsite property staff to maximize the effectiveness of our sales and service, and exceed our customer’s expectations — always with a smile
- Attend sales meetings at the property to determine a client’s AV needs
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the AV equipment for meetings and events
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain proper inventory
- Communicate equipment maintenance needs to the MJ warehouse logistics manager
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in an extraordinary service hospitality environment
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting, and computers for meeting and event purposes; understanding signal flow is a key requirement; computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service skills, effective communication, and organizational skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and be able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year of experience in the audiovisual industry
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.