Mills James seeks a dynamic person to join our Hospitality Program as a part-time AV Technician. This position will help the technical teams manage the production process from pre-production to event execution while exceeding our clients’ expectations and maintaining the highest professional standards. This position’s primary role is to support the execution of live and/or virtual events and meetings for the Cincinnati based Live Event Department.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a two or four-year college or university, or two years’ related experience
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, camera operation, video, lighting, and computers for meeting and event purposes.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in a unique service environment
- Understanding signal flow is a crucial requirement
- Computer IT, video conferencing, or virtual meeting experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service and organizational skills; strong communication skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to details and strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and be able to drive box trucks and cargo vans or willing to learn
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Experience in the audiovisual or Information Technology field is a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work a crew position for events, including setup, execution, and tear-down
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles for events (must be able to lift 50 lbs.)
- While becoming an AV equipment “generalist” is key, we encourage AV techs to gravitate to one area of mastery, whether that be audio, video, or lighting.
- Help to maintain an inventory of equipment
- Assist Event Production Managers and Producers
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k), with company match.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.