Mills James has a new full-time opportunity for a Business Performance Lead to join the expanding Live Events group under the Chief Creative Officer’s (CCO) direction.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND ALIGNMENT
- Be the strategic back-up for CCO with team members and client communication
- Manage the day-to-day operations as an anchor position when CCO is traveling, out of the office, or on billable projects
- Foster and lead MJx managers in discussions to coordinate efforts to keep the department and its people working together effectively
- Work with the MJx managers to ensure event producers and designers are assigned to handle the work and minimize avoidable schedule conflicts
- Attend weekly account services meetings, creative and other MJx execution and operations department meetings
- Monitor project volume resources and use the project forecast to get out in front of needs and seasonality of the work
- Work with Account Leads to understand resource needs and project details
- Be a key coordination point for decision-making with the creative teams
- Lead annual strategic planning process for the department by acting as a project manager and ensuring alignment with the CCO and leadership team
HIRING AND MANAGEMENT
- Manage hiring process for leadership roles reporting to the CCO: In partnership with HR teams, take over the more administrative aspects of hiring managers; draft and post job descriptions, outline interview processes, and qualify candidates for final approval
- Manage timecards and expense reports, billing, and budget coordination
- Oversee onboarding of new hires and contractors
DIRECT SUPPORT OF THE CCO
- Work with CCO to set strategic priorities and help identify areas where CCO should focus
- Review department direct expenses with CCO and CFO to understand department finances and work with leadership and department managers to increase gross margin and keep the department within budget
- Strategically work with CCO on scheduling key department meetings; work with producers, designers, and creative directors and assess the fit against priorities
- Assess and engage CCOs’ involvement in project or decision-making processes at key times, where their input is most needed
- Prepare for and follow up on key meetings: help strategize with CCO for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the information necessary to be productive and engaged
MEETING AND EVENT PREPARATION
- Coordinate agendas for CCO approval before team meetings
- Organize department meetings, conferences, and other special events
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations
- Handle other assignments as needed
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5-7 years of experience managing in a creative services role for a medium-large sized creative team
- Highly organized, process-focused, desire for continuous improvement
- Conscientious collaborator, good organizer, attentive to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to interact with all personality types and with all levels of staff
- Time management and ability to manage multiple tasks in a demanding environment
- Exceptional creative, critical thinking skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and on tight timelines
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in Excel and project management software (BaseCamp)
- Comfortable with PC and Mac formats
- Become semi-fluent in Keynote, PPT, Microsoft Office Suite, and MediaPulse
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in BA, Marketing, Communications or Production preferred
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.