Mills James seeks a Director of Audiovisual Operations to join our growing Hospitality AV team. The Director of Operations will supervise the daily AV operations of a convention center through exceptional customer service, innovative team development, leadership, and cost controls.
At Mills James, we aim to transform how hospitality clients view their AV partners. That’s why discriminating hotel properties, convention centers, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide trust their audiovisual and onsite production to us. We deliver audiovisual services worthy of their service standards.
This full-time position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience or training in a live event hospitality environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 4 years of customer service or hospitality experience
- 4+ years of audiovisual experience in a live show environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s license
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with appropriate convention center staff and others to develop relationships and sales leads for upcoming conventions and meetings
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, technology, and customer service to produce smoother workflow and cost-effective business processes
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Directly supervises team members, including scheduling and equipment resource management
- Ensures the daily labor and equipment requirements are met with internal or external resources
- Ensures that proper billing practices are maintained
- Responsible for reviewing P&L statements to ensure the business’ financial viability by identifying areas for improvement
- Attends BEO and Pre-Cons meetings as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other team members, and all vendors
- Greets clients onsite to ensure their needs are met and the equipment setup is working correctly
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Mills James’ core values
- Leads professional development and training efforts to improve overall business knowledge, technical skills, and service at the convention center
- Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensures team members are adequately trained
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.