This role may be better categorized as a post-production generalist. Advanced knowledge of After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop is required. Intermediate knowledge of Illustrator and Audition are preferred. This role needs a motivated individual who offers opinions on making assets more engaging to the audience and not just a “button-pusher.” The Editor| Animator will be working on marketing and advertising content for multiple big brands. Brand, marketing, and/or Commercial content experience is preferred.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university and at least three years video production experience working as a professional with corporate clients
- Ability to work with a production team on innovative approaches to capturing stories for the client
- Must provide samples of your work showcasing proficiency with editing and motion graphics software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop); the ability to create storyboards is a bonus
- Must have paid social media advertising experience and the ability to provide art direction based on brand equities and requirements
- Must have an understanding of brand work and how to turn client creative briefs into executable content
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate, professional environment, being proactive and displaying confidence in your work
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with a team on video production projects in studio and field environments
- Positive self-starter who is willing to learn and grow in the field, taking online tutorials and adapt to change as needed
- Strong project management skills to effectively manage project deadlines with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure, and possess a high degree of adaptability
- Basic IT skillset – ability to troubleshoot computer issues, updates, backups, and keep the system optimized is a plus
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental, and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.