The Event Production Manager is responsible for technical drawings, renderings, budgeting, booking, managing, and billing high-level live events.
The EPM creates professional-quality documentation of the event for clients and the production team. He/she understands the creative vision of the project or event and works closely with the Producer to maintain it. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys creating a sleek design, and has extreme pride in their work.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in the design and operation of audio, video, lighting, and rigging systems
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment
- Knowledge of virtual meeting platforms, e.g., Zoom, WebEx, Intrado, Livestream
- Proficiency in CAD-based software, e.g., Vectorworks | Renderworks, to create seating layouts, production design, and renderings
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Valid driver’s license required; required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card if necessary; must be available to work flexible hours; CDL may be required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Executes strategic and analytical thinking to assess and prioritize tasks that are critical to the operational success of live productions successfully and consistently
- Directly supervises and coordinates production crews, equipment, and technical needs on various projects
- Schedules production meetings with the technical staff
- Always maintains a working knowledge of the production budget and assists others in making strategic economic decisions
- Ensures that all staff and outside vendors are communicating to maintain efficiency through all steps in the production process
- Assists technical staff with the coordination of travel and trucking for crew and equipment to and from local and out-of-town venues as required
- Supervises the technical staff on location during install, show, and strike; assists with troubleshooting and problem solving during install as needed
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.