Mills James has a new opportunity for a Graphic Designer to join a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced live event environment.
A Graphic Designer in the Mills James Experience Group (MJx) collaborates with clients, producers, and production managers to design still and motion graphic content. This content includes presentation and digital design, print signage, logo design, motion graphics, and other event branding. He/She/They would also serve as the designer, presentation editor, or graphics operator on-site at live stage events, as needed.
This full-time position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate the effective use of graphics in live events by integrating design aesthetics to communicate brand, event vision, and messaging, as directed
- Operate computer-based presentation software for live events, creating, and editing content as needed
- Work closely with the design team to help with the creation of renderings and collateral materials for proposals
- Work closely at the event with the producer and the production manager on-site at conference centers, corporate offices, hotel, or resort ballrooms as a graphics operator, operating the presentation graphics part of live staged events, including creating and editing content, cueing of graphics, etc.
- Work as part of the creative team; jobs range from small setups to large experiential events
- Archive final presentation materials within the graphics library and supply them to producers or clients as requested
- Possess a high degree of adaptability to continually changing and faced-paced environments
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years’ design-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Robust design skill set, including proficiency with Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Media Encoder)
- Comfortable in both digital and print disciplines, and ability to adapt workflow to shifting deadlines
- Basic understanding of motion graphics and video compression preferred
- Familiarity with presentation software, including Powerpoint and Keynote
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James MediaPulse facilities management software
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain U.S. Passport, if necessary
- Must be available for 40% travel and work flexible hours
- Must submit a design portfolio to be considered for this opportunity
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.