Mills James is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our Design Studio (DS), a highly collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This core team is charged with positioning creativity as a precept of our brand and driving creative excellence in all that we do.
The DS Graphic Designer works with creative directors, producers, production managers, and the DS traffic manager to design still and motion graphics for new and existing business proposals. This content could include presentation and digital design, print signage, logo design, motion graphics, and other event branding. The DS graphic designer would also serve as the lead designer on special projects as needed.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates the effective use of graphics in proposals by integrating design aesthetics to communicate brand, vision, and messaging
- Works closely with the Chief Creative Officer, Creative Director, Design Studio Traffic Manager to create winning proposals for new and existing clients
- Assists with the creation of renderings and collateral materials for proposals
- Serves as liaison between presentation graphics and the Visual Effects and Video & Broadcast groups to promote excellence in the use of computer graphics
- Works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Team to develop marketing content that helps to drive customer preference and brand recognition
- Lead brand liaison for the organization
- Archive final presentation materials within the graphics library and provide them to producers or clients as requested
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; ability to work independently with little supervision
- Possess a high degree of adaptability to continually changing and faced-paced environments
- Owning initiatives that drive our creativity and your growth
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; 3-5 years’ design-related experience for a medium-large sized marketing creative team; or equivalent combination of design and marketing education and experience
- Robust design skill set, including proficiency with Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, AfterEffects, and Media Encoder), comfortable in both digital and print disciplines, and ability to adapt workflow to shifting deadlines; basic understanding of motion graphics and video compression preferred
- Semi-fluent in Keynote, PPT and Microsoft Office Suite, and MediaPulse
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James MediaPulse facilities management software
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain U.S. Passport, if necessary; must be available for minimal travel and work flexible hours
- Must submit a design portfolio to be considered for this opportunity
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.