The Audiovisual Technician Operations Manager will be working at the hotel and conference center properties we service throughout Columbus, Ohio. This position will oversee all of Mills James’ Columbus Hospitality Operations focusing on customer service, employee leadership, performance development, and cost controls.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises the processes and workflow of hospitality technicians as specified by clients, the hotel, and daily business needs
- Provides direct supervision of team members, including scheduling, training, and equipment resource management
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding new hospitality team members, performance management, and corrective actions to ensure standards are maintained at the properties
- Ensures onsite staff dresses appropriately based on property uniform standards
- Ensures proper billing practices are maintained
- Attends BEO and Pre-Cons meetings as needed
- Maintains competitive rate cards
- Maintains a good working relationship with key property personnel, including the GMs, Directors of Sales, and Banquet and Conference Managers
- Maintains high visibility within the hotel properties we service
- Ensures that the daily setup and strike of the audiovisual equipment for meetings and events are correctly executed
- Responsible for inventory control
- Responsible for internet functions for events
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, other Mills James team members, and all vendors
- Meets with clients onsite to ensure their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Mills James core values
- Leads professional development and training efforts to improve overall business knowledge, technical skills, and service to the field
- Effectively uses applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensures team members are trained
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training in a live hospitality environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of audiovisual experience in a live show environment
- 2+ years of direct supervisory experience
- Must have the technical expertise to handle event production management
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to the details
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be a good communicator and motivator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Valid driver’s license and dependable vehicle
- Professional demeanor and personal appearance
- Ready to work a varied schedule, including early mornings, nights, and weekends
- Articulate in communicating ideas, concepts, and directions clearly and concisely
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental, and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.