The Pre-Professional (Pre-Pro) Program at Mills James is an intensive training program for recent college graduates and individuals trained at specialized schools for careers in the technology industry.
We have a new opportunity to join our IT Department as an IT Help Desk Support Pre-Pro. During this six-month session, often called the “audition” period, you will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Your skill sets need not cover the full range required for full-time associates.
As an IT Help Desk Support Pre-Pro, you will work with the team to install and update software packages and create and maintain computer networks. An IT Help Desk Support Pre-Pro position is the perfect entry-level opportunity for an energetic, curious, and eager learner who has a can-do attitude and is looking to expand his or her IT skills (handling helpdesk calls, emails, and tickets).
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong Windows desktop skills, including Microsoft Windows/Office/O365, MacOS, mobile devices (Android/Apple), are a must
- Working knowledge of building, configuring, and repairing PC desktops and laptops
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to lift, carry, or move hardware for delivery and installation purposes; must be able to climb a ladder to assist with cable installation and other physical labor in support of the position when needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues
- Help to maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down
- Help to maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed
- Assist with the onboarding of new users
- Assist with inventory of all equipment, software, and license users
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC/Mac software
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Assist the IT team as needed for projects, updates, and training
Pre-Pro Benefits — Mills James offers sick time and paid holiday benefits, and the option to enroll in the 401(k) plan during your six-month experience.
Displaying initiative and a willingness to learn will help you get the most out of your time in our Pre-Professional Program and add to your value in the marketplace. At the sole discretion of Mills James, after six months, Pre-Pro associates who demonstrate outstanding skills and qualities may be offered full-time employment or the opportunity to continue in the program for a second six-month session. However, an individual’s participation in the program will not extend beyond one year.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.