Mills James is currently seeking an IT Technician to join our growing team! This full-time opportunity is based in our Columbus office and supports staff on all company applications and technology.
You will be responsible for setting up workstations, phones, and other technology, ensuring proper computer operations for our end users. You will work closely with users by providing the technical assistance and problem-solving skills necessary to install hardware and software, troubleshoot, and make repairs.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- Certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of premises wiring (Ethernet) and troubleshooting networking issues
- Knowledge of telecom services like VOIP phone systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are a must
- Strong skills with Microsoft Windows/Office/O365, MacOS, mobile devices (Android/Apple) are a must
- Experience supporting Adobe Creative Cloud products for video production
- Experience with supporting Maxon Cinema4D/Octane Render/Vector works is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills; proactive-not reactive personality
- Ability to lift, carry, or move hardware for delivery and installation purposes; must be able to climb a ladder to assist with cable installation and other physical labor in support of the position when needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on PC and Mac platforms in a video production | live events environment
- Repair or replace damaged hardware in desktops or laptop computer systems
- Ability to upgrade an entire system to enable compatible software on all computers
- Install and upgrade anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level
- Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware
- Provide support to users and is the first point of contact for issues with voice and data services
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all departments and colleagues
- Experience writing and updating technical documentation
- Deliver the highest-quality customer service in the industry
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.