A Live Event Production Assistant (PA) supports the creative and technical team throughout the live event production process. This role is responsible for understanding a client’s messaging and event goals. They assist with developing design approaches in staging, support materials, and all facets of live event productions.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports live events of all sizes throughout the production process in an assistant role
- Attends event planning meetings and conference calls with producers or associate producers as needed
- Works closely with our Experience Group (MJx) producers to coordinate and schedule outside resources and rentals and hire talent as needed
- Understands, manages, and executes purchase orders, timesheets, budgets, and other production-related paperwork in a prompt and accurate manner
- Provides live stage management and specialty assistance onsite during event productions
- Helps with post-event support including, but not limited to, show records, show file management, requested client deliverables
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and an understanding of Mac-based programs, including Keynote
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James Media Pulse facilities management software
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills, and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Valid driver’s license required; required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Must be available for 20% travel and flexible work hours
ABOUT OUR PRE-PRO PROGRAM
Our Pre-Pro Program attracts many applicants with varied talents, unique educational backgrounds, and experience. Due to the high demand for these positions, the selection process is thorough, and program participants are held to a high standard.
During the six-month session, often called the “audition” period, you will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Your skill sets need not cover the full range needed for full-time associates. Displaying initiative and a willingness to learn will help you get the most out of your time in the program and add to your value in the marketplace.
At the sole discretion of Mills James, Pre-Pro associates who demonstrate outstanding skills and qualities may be offered the opportunity to continue in the program for a second six-month session. However, an individual’s participation in the program will not extend beyond one year.
Pre-Pro associates are paid hourly and may receive some benefits. Frequently, we are able to offer Pre-Pro participants full-time employment at the conclusion of the program.
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.