Mills James Cincinnati is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic video production team as an experienced Motion Graphics Designer and Video Editor. This position requires the ability to excel in independent assignments, and also be comfortable collaborating within a team environment. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter who is proactive, intuitive, responsive and motivated.
The job requires the following talents: Motion design first (After Effects), storytelling second (Premiere), and print design third (Illustrator/Photoshop). Candidates must also have a strong background in layout and typography. This role will be working on significant brand work with very tight deadlines on a day-to-day basis. Brand guidelines need to be followed meticulously for this position and it requires strong interpersonal skills due to frequent one-on-one collaboration with the production team and clients.
The responsibility listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and three-to five-years of related experience in motion design and editing, preferably in creative production or communication services
- Strong client service and relationship-building skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Sharp motion graphics, compositing, and retouching skills
- Print experience a big bonus
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of the production technology needed to build an efficient workflow
- Work closely with external and internal clients to execute projects from initial contact through final deliverable
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Respond to internal and external requests in a professional and timely manner
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James facility management software
- Work to ensure processes, pricing, and standards meet client expectations
- Possess a high degree of adaptability to continually changing environments
- Basic IT skills – ability to troubleshoot computer issues, updates, and keep the system optimized
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.