Mills James is seeking a dynamic person to join our Pre-Professional Program as an Audiovisual Specialist. This Pre-Pro position will help the technical teams manage the production process — from pre-production to post-production — while exceeding our clients’ expectations and maintaining the highest professional standards. This position’s primary role is to support the execution of live events and meetings for the Mills James Experience Group (MJx).
The Mills James Pre-Professional Program provides recent college graduates an opportunity to obtain on-the-job work experience in preparation for a career in the production industry. During the six-month session, often called the “audition” period, you will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Your skill sets need not cover the full range required for full-time associates. Displaying initiative and a willingness to learn will help you get the most out of your time in the program and add to your value in the marketplace.
At the sole discretion of Mills James, Pre-Pro associates who demonstrate outstanding skills and qualities may be offered the opportunity to continue in the program for a second six-month session. However, an individual’s participation in the program will not extend beyond one year.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in a unique service environment
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting, and computers for meeting and event purposes
- Understanding signal flow is a crucial requirement. Computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service and organizational skills; strong communication skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and be able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- One-year experience in the audiovisual industry is a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work a crew position for events, including setup, execution, and strike
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles for events (must be able to lift 50 lbs.)
- Check equipment in and out of the warehouse facility
- Manager equipment issues and perform equipment maintenance under supervision
- Perform technology testing and report issues to the Supervisor
Benefits — Mills James offers benefits for this Pre-Professional opportunity, including paid sick time and holidays, 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.