Mills James seeks a dynamic person to join our Pre-Professional Program as a Video Editor. This Pre-Pro position will help the Video Studio Team manage the production process from pre-production to post-production while exceeding our clients’ expectations and maintaining the highest professional standards. This position’s primary role is to support Video Studio productions in Cincinnati.
The Mills James Pre-Professional Program provides recent college graduates an opportunity to obtain on-the-job work experience in preparation for a career in the production industry. During the six-month session, often called the “audition” period, you will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Your skill sets need not cover the full range required for full-time associates. Displaying initiative and a willingness to learn will help you get the most out of your time in the program and add to your value in the marketplace.
At the sole discretion of Mills James, Pre-Pro associates who demonstrate outstanding skills and qualities may be offered the opportunity to continue in the program for a second six-month session. However, an individual’s participation in the program will not extend beyond one year or guarantee a full-time position.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a two or four-year college or university, or two years’ related experience
- Possess knowledge of editing with Premiere and After Effects, video studio operations, and the video production processes
- Required understanding of overall video production workflow
- Maintain a big picture view of your role in the growth and success of Mills James
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in a unique service environment
- Proven excellent client service and organizational skills; strong communication skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Experience in the audiovisual industry is a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Video Production Team throughout the production process
- Effectively manage multiple projects
- Emphasis on editing will be a priority
- Work a crew position for video studio and location productions including setup, execution, and strike
- Assist Production Managers, Studio Manager, Editors, and Producers
Benefits — Mills James offers benefits for this Pre-Professional opportunity, including paid sick time and holidays, 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.