The Producer | Director will have a strong background in commercial production with at least five years of experience. Thorough knowledge of pre-production, production, and post-production is necessary. This role will be in direct communication with clients. The Producer | Director will need to be a creative thinker who can pitch ideas to clients to win new work.
This role will delegate and direct tasks to other team members and is a position that will need to offer after-hours access to clients. Not every week will be demanding, but this role will need to be available to clients with emergencies when the time calls. This role will manage video, audio, and design requests. The ability to own a commercial project from start to finish is a must.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or and at least five years of experience working with commercial clients, and must supply samples highlighting examples of commercial production
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of pre-pro, production, and post-production
- Ability to work with a production team on innovative approaches to capture stories
- A background as a DP or Editor is preferred; we’re looking for someone with hands-on experience before becoming a Producer | Director
- Ability to create production budgets based on client briefs
- Understanding of brand work and how to turn client creative briefs into executable content
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment, being proactive, and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with team members effectively on video productions in studio and field environments
- Must treat deadlines with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure, and have a high degree of adaptability
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental, and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.