In this role, you will help staff producers manage the production process — from pre-production to post-production. The Production Assistant (PA) will be expected to perform assigned tasks on time and on budget.
The PA role requires an organized and creative thinker who possesses a passion for all facets of video production. This associate will ensure the production runs smoothly while maintaining the highest professional standards to exceed our clients’ expectations.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and video production experience
- Be highly organized, efficient, collaborative, partnership-focused, and possessing an extraordinary eye for detail; you must also have a positive customer service-oriented attitude
- Learn and maintain a working knowledge of Windows Operating System: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Learn and become adept at using Basecamp and Mills James’ MediaPulse facilities management software
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have strong communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport; must be available for 40% travel (post-COVID) and work flexible hours
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the video production team throughout the production process
- Develop proactive communication and relationship skills when working closely with the Producers and Account Managers
- Schedule, manage and negotiate internal resources at the direction of the producer
- Coordinate and communicate production resources and facility arrangements in tandem with the production schedule
- Assist with producing budgets, monitoring costs, and controlling expenses
- Book talent and coordinate casting calls
- Manage craft services and catering, wardrobe, site inspections, accommodations, and travel, as directed
- Conduct research and coordinate transcription
- Generate timely and accurate paperwork that includes timesheets, purchase orders, check requests, talent contracts, and expense reports
- Effectively manage multiple projects keeping Producers and Account Leads informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Cultivate an attitude of constant learning and growth
- Understand, advocate, and embody Mills James’ values and team goals
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.