Mills James has a new opportunity for a Live Events Production Manager to grow our events team in Cleveland. This position handles project leadership and technical expertise for live events, virtual broadcasts, and experiences.
They create technical drawings, manage budgets, schedule crews and equipment, and provide on-location management. The candidate must also understand the project’s creative vision and work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to support it.
This position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a role model for the production team, creating a professional atmosphere for clients and colleagues
- Directly supervises and coordinates production crews, equipment, and technical needs on various projects
- Leads the technical staff on location during install, show, and strike
- Maintains a working knowledge of the production budget and assists in making strategic economic decisions
- Ensures that staff and outside vendors communicate to maintain efficiency during the production process
- Works closely with the operations team to ensure the most efficient use of staff, equipment, and outside resources
- Contracts with outside vendors to provide additional services such as labor, equipment, and technology
- Assists with coordination of travel and trucking for crew and equipment to and from local and out-of-town venues
- Coordinates all power, security, rigging, and other requirements with venues or required vendors
- Attends and schedules planning meetings, Zoom meetings, and site surveys with clients and technical staff
- Utilizes software to manage all active projects throughout the project management process; budget creation, approvals, updates, and change orders must be maintained
- Creates and revises technical drawings and room layout drawings
- Assumes the role of other technical positions on an as-needed basis
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure the safety of the crew, clients, and audiences
- Prepares all purchase orders and reconciles expenses and job-related paperwork in an accurately and promptly
- Works with and receives input from leadership to ensure production processes, pricing, and standards are met
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; four years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability in the design and operation of audio, video, lighting, streaming, power, and rigging systems
- Understanding of safety procedures in a live environment
- Proficiency with CAD-based software to create seating layouts and production design
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills, and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Valid driver’s license required; required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Must be available for some travel and work flexible hours
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.