Mills James has an opportunity for a Live Event Production Manager to grow our Events Team in Cincinnati. This position handles project leadership and technical expertise for live events, virtual broadcasts, and experiences.
The Live Event Production Manager handles the planning and successful audiovisual execution of live in-person and virtual corporate meetings and events. They will also create technical drawings, manage budgets, schedule crews and equipment, and provide on-location management. The candidate must also understand the project’s creative vision and work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to support it.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with a live event staff producer or client to prepare statements of work for corporate in-person and virtual meetings and events
- Determine the equipment and crew necessary to carry out a project objective
- Assess, identify, and schedule the correct virtual platform(s) to reach the intended viewer audience (Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, Zoom, Hopin, and Intrado Webcasts)
- Draft production schedules in conjunction with clients, meeting venues, and other vendors
- Schedule, prepare, and transport equipment to and from the job site
- Schedule and manage labor crews for setup/tear down and AV technical operation
- Setup and operate AV equipment in corporate meeting and event environments. Equipment includes but is not limited to audio mixers, wireless mics, powered speakers, intercom systems, video mixers, video recorders, video cameras, televisions, video projectors and screens, laptop computers, stage and field lighting, stage decking, and pipe and drape
- Must learn the functionality and features of the virtual meeting platforms as used by our Cincinnati team and be able to work within those environments
- Proficiency in Windows and Apple operating systems
- Overall attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple quick-turn projects at once
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and troubleshoot technical and logistical problems with ease
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and live even or theater experience
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James MediaPulse facilities management software
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 toolset: Outlook for email communication and calendar, OneDrive for cloud storage, Excel and Word for data management, Teams for video connects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint; technical operation and ability to make minor edits
- General computer networking knowledge
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Must be available for minimal travel and flexible work hours
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.