The Rigging and Lighting Specialist handles creating and executing rigging and lighting structures with consultation from the Head Rigger and Operations Manager of Mills James at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. They will also perform functions as consultants and onsite specialists for Mills James and our Experience Group (MJx). The individual must understand their key responsibility is to uphold safety and quality standards as a top priority regarding all aspects of their job.
This position is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Function as a rigging and lighting consultant and onsite specialist for Mills James and MJx
- Ensure all rigging and lighting structures are built and run safely with an emphasis on load calculations, power needs, and proper operation
- Design and review rigging and lighting structures through Vectorworks
- Assist Head Rigger with pricing estimations on upcoming events
- Oversee, or help in oversight, rig- or lighting-heavy conventions, tradeshows, and exhibitions
- Source equipment through approved channels to align with rigging and lighting needs
- Assist Head Rigger with inventory and maintenance of rigging and lighting equipment
- Train staff on rigging and lighting best practices
- Setup and operation of event production equipment
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from two- or four-year college or university; or three years’ related rigging and lighting experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in the design and operation of audio, video, lighting, and rigging systems
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment; must have a high degree of safety awareness
- The highest level of communication skills, organization skills, and ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability and teamwork in a continually changing environment
- Valid drivers’ license required; required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Able to pass all required employment screening, such as drug test and criminal background check
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.