Mills James is seeking a dynamic Audiovisual Technician to join our growing Hospitality AV team. This position’s primary role is to support live events and meetings at event center sites. They will report to the Audiovisual Event Production Manager.
This position is based in Cleveland, Ohio, at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with the onsite property staff to maximize the effectiveness of our sales and service, and exceed our customer’s expectations — always with a smile
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the AV equipment for meetings and events
- Perform essential maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory
- Communicates equipment maintenance needs to the Mills James Warehouse Logistics Manager
- Help lead and train other AV technicians
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in an extraordinary service hospitality environment
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting, and computers for meeting and event purposes
- Understanding signal flow is a key requirement; computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication, and organizational skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience in the audiovisual industry
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.