Mills James is seeking a dynamic Senior Audiovisual Technician to join our growing Hospitality AV team. This position’s primary role is to support the execution of live events and meetings at hotel and convention center sites.
At Mills James, our mission is to transform how hospitality clients view their AV partners. That’s why discriminating hotel properties, convention centers, and Fortune 500 corporations worldwide trust their audiovisual and on-site production to us. We deliver audiovisual services worthy of their service standards.
This position is based in Toledo, Ohio
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with the on-site property staff to maximize the effectiveness of our sales and service, and exceed our customer’s expectations — always with a smile
- Attend sales meetings at the property to determine AV needs by the client
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the AV equipment for meetings and events
- Perform essential maintenance on AV equipment and maintain proper inventory
- Communicates equipment maintenance needs to the MJ warehouse Logistics Manager
- Oversee all supporting staff when needed
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude in an extraordinary service hospitality environment
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, lighting, and computers for meeting and event purposes; understanding signal flow is a key requirement; computer IT or video conferencing experience is a plus
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication, and organizational skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and be able to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year experience in the audiovisual industry
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.