As a Senior Video Director in our Experience Group (MJx), your role is to help imagine and execute spectacular live events.
Combining innovative technology knowledge with superb customer service, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing seamless audiovisual experiences for our clients. You will work closely with the production team to prepare relevant video designs and equipment for safe and timely installation and operation at live events. You will support video positions on-site as needed, leading a staff, freelancers, and vendors to implement the creative vision.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of four years’ professional experience with all aspects of video execution of live business or corporate events
- Proficiency in implementing live video technologies and concepts, i.e., projection alignment and blending, switcher programming and operation, camera operation and direction, engineering, playback, and recording; advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving a plus
- Learn and become adept at using Mills James Media Pulse facilities management software
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working with individuals involved with all production levels such as clients, producers, production managers, venue managers, event planners, etc.
- Willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends, including out-of-town and overnight trips, and frequent 40+ hour work weeks
- Valid driver’s license required; may require CDL. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with the Producer and the Production Manager
- Direct the video portion of live events(including placement of talent and scenic elements for the best camera shots, cueing of video and graphics, directing camera operators, etc. If a Producer or Production Manager is not present, all video direction may be at your own discretion.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in resolving conflicts with video resources and suggest appropriate outside rentals resources as needed
- Organize, manage, and maintain video equipment and technology
- Assist Warehouse Manager as needed to pull, scan, load/unload, and check-in equipment
- Assist the production team in the pursuit of live video solutions that best serve our clients’ present and future needs
- Supervises and coordinates crews of roughly 2 to 10 on various live projects
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.