Mills James is experiencing rapid growth and seeks an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team. We’re looking for a motivated and energetic person who takes initiative and extreme pride in their financial work.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with the CFO and will be responsible for assisting in compliance reporting, managerial reporting, and statistical analysis. He/She/They will also be responsible for updating budgeting models, generating job cost analysis reports, and will serve as a backup for various accounting functions, including biweekly payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable as determined. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third-party audits and strategic information for managerial reporting.
This full-time position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals, and logs
- Follow established accounting processes
- Provide backup support to Paychex payroll processing
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analysis and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Responsible for reporting accurate financial results that comply with generally accepted accounting principles
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years of related experience in accounting or finance or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Proven ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Strong data analytical skills
- The highest level of communication and organization skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects is required
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.