Mills James is seeking a dynamic Streaming Technician to join our growing team. This position’s primary role is to support the execution of virtual events and meetings. The Streaming Tech combines expertise with a keen eye for details to make every event or live streaming production a success.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with production leads to ensure platform and event success
- Operate streaming devices and software for virtual events
- Generate links and other preproduction paperwork for virtual guests
- Schedule account usage and help resolve conflicts when necessary
- Help troubleshoot end-user connection and AV issues
- Responsible for the setup and strike of the streaming equipment for meetings events
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory
- Communicate equipment maintenance needs to the Warehouse Logistics Manager
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Possess basic knowledge of audio, video, and lighting for meeting and event purposes; understanding signal flow is a key requirement.
- Proficiency with PCs and Macs, with an understanding of computer networking.
- Experience with streaming software (Livestream, OBS, vMix, Wirecast) and video conferencing applications (Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams).
- Proven excellent client service skills, strong communication and organizational skills — both oral and written
- Exceptional attention to the details and good troubleshooting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and the ability to drive box trucks and cargo vans
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Candidates must have a minimum of one-year experience in the audiovisual industry
- Minimum of one year of experience in the audiovisual industry
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.