Mills James has an opportunity for a full-time Studio Manager to join the Field and Studio Production Team.
Our ideal candidate must possess video production and broadcast industry knowledge; previous experience in a broadcast or production environment is desired. Dependability, as well as a can-do attitude, is a must. General computer know-how, multitasking, and attention to detail are also necessary. Positive, service-oriented people skills are the most desired qualities needed to perform this job.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with the Directors of Photography and the Production Manager to ensure they have everything required for production shoots
- Broadcast Technician for live shot studio production
- Facilitate live shot crews and communication with clients
- General audio tech, grip, and PA as assigned by PM
- Operate the lighting consoles for studio productions
- Have a working knowledge of DMX and moving lighting instruments
- Back-up booking and confirming the operations schedule for field and studio production when the Production Manager is out of the office
- Resolve conflicts that arise in the day-to-day operation of the department
- Book outside resources when necessary
- Coordinate work orders, purchase orders, and invoices for specific jobs
- Order expendables
- Maintain all field and studio equipment
- Maintain day-to-day studio operations
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James MediaPulse facilities management software
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 toolset: Outlook for email communication and calendar, OneDrive for cloud storage, Excel and Word for data management, Teams for video connects
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary
- Must be available for minimal travel and flexible work hours
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.