Mills James has a new opportunity for a full-time Event Technical Coordinator to join the Live Events Team with the Mills James Experience Group (MJx).
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the technical, budgetary, and logistical needs for small to mid-tier live events, virtual events, and AV rentals. You will lead projects on location and often serve as a technical specialist during event execution. You will plan and organize event technical staffing, equipment and facility requirements; meet with the production team to determine production needs and establish schedules; train, coordinate and supervise crews in all aspects of technical setups to include sound equipment, lighting equipment, video and staging.
General computer know-how, multitasking, and attention to detail are also necessary. Positive, service-oriented people skills are desired qualities needed to perform this job.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a role model, creating a professional atmosphere for clients and colleagues on live events.
- Assumes the role of other technical positions on an as needed basis.
- Directly supervises and coordinates production crews, equipment, and technical needs on various Mills James projects.
- Leads the technical staff on location during install, show and strike. Assists the troubleshooting and problem solving during install as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the production budget and assists others in making strategic economic decisions.
- Coordinate all power, security, rigging and other requirements with venues or required vendors.
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure the safety of the crew, clients, and audiences.
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two years’ related event experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of live event audio, lighting, and video systems.
- Understanding of power and safety procedures in a live environment.
- Strong communication and organization skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- A high degree of adaptability to a continually changing environment.
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain U.S. Passport and medical card if necessary. Must be available for 30% travel and work flexible hours.
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k) with company match.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.