Mills James has an immediate opening for a multi-talented broadcast professional to join our team to direct a weekly entertainment game show program running on a regional television network. Do you have a minimum of six years of live studio and theater production experience with the personality and skills to collaborate and lead a control room and studio crew of up to 30 members? In that case, you’re the type of person we’re looking for in this role.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- The ability to call a multi-camera television show with a live studio audience and multiple on-camera hosts
- Have an eye on both technical and creative aspects of production:
- Camera exposure
- Staging and Scenic Design
- Must be comfortable in a control room environment
- Proven experience managing crews of various sizes
- Superior client skills necessary to collaborate with external and internal customers
- Ability to effectively communicate and support producers, postproduction, and technical teams regularly
- Experience with scheduling facilities, assembling technical scripts, cue sheets, and other pre-production tasks required for a successful production
- Demonstrate creative development skills
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.