Mills James is looking for a Video and Event Producer to join a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced video production and virtual/live event environment.
The Video and Event Producer will manage projects that exceed our client’s expectations while maintaining the highest professional standards. This individual is responsible for managing all facets of production, including ROI, and understanding the client’s messaging. The candidate must be an organized and creative thinker who is highly productive and can perform assigned shows and events on time and on budget.
This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
VIDEO PRODUCER ROLE
- Manage script, storyboard, deadlines, and edit sessions
- Develop and manage the budget
- Collaborate closely with the internal team and facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Plan video shoots, scout locations, select and reserve shoot locations, either virtual or live
- Develop production schedules
- Manage the client’s expectations, communication, and relationships
- Schedule, manage, direct, and negotiate resources, including both internal and independent contractors
- Work effectively as a self-starter in an unsupervised environment
LIVE AND VIRTUAL EVENT PRODUCER ROLE
- A basic understanding of live and virtual events is preferred, but the willingness to learn event production is acceptable
- Collaborate with Production Managers and the Director of Cincinnati operations to create event estimates for project scope, schedule, and resource requirements
- Lead a collaborative team that meets and exceeds clients’ expectations profitably within budget
- Create the event production paperwork, technical script, cue sheet, rundown, and specialist details
- Provide show calling on-site throughout event production; television directing experience is a plus
- Provide post-event support, including PPT management and requested client deliverables
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Possess strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office
- The ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Have a high degree of adaptability in a continually changing environment
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week and flexible hours as needed
- Maintain a big picture view of your role in the growth and success of Mills James
- Valid driver’s license required
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k), and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.