Mills James is searching for a seasoned Video Specialist to collaborate with clients, producers, production managers, and a dynamic team of event specialists to prepare relevant video setups and equipment for safe and prompt installation and operation at live events. Serves as V1 or in supporting video positions onsite as needed, leading a crew of staff, freelancers, and vendors to implement the creative vision. Maintains and prepares video equipment in service of the above.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attend pre-event meetings with the production manager or producer when requested
- Help logistics manager in resolving conflicts with event video resources and suggest appropriate outside rentals as needed
- Assist warehouse manager in pulling, scanning, loading/unloading, and checking equipment for completeness
- Work closely with the producer and the production manager as a video director, directing the video portion of live events (including placement of talent and scenic elements for the best camera shots, cueing of video and gfx, directing camera operators, etc.); in instances where a producer or production manager is absent, all video direction may be at your discretion
- Supply proper paperwork to facilitate video equipment installation, patching, programming, and operation
- Work closely with the lighting director to obtain the best balance of stage lighting for live and remote audiences, IMag, and recording
- Work closely with the audio director to obtain the best audio for recording and streaming
- Work closely with camera operators to obtain the necessary shots and framing
- Work closely with the specialist manager to organize, manage and maintain video equipment and technology
- Assist specialist manager in pursuing live video solutions that best serve our clients’ present and future needs
- Help to evaluate freelancers as to their suitability to perform video-related functions
- The project lead and/or specialist manager may assign other associated duties
- Carries supervisory responsibilities per the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Supervises and coordinates crews of 2 to 10 on various live event projects
Listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum four years of professional experience in the event industry and at least two years working with the below duties
- Proficiency in implementing live video technologies and concepts, including projection alignment and blending, switcher programming and operation, camera operation and direction, engineering, playback, recording, and advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James Media Pulse resource management software
- Valid driver’s license needed; may require CDL; required to obtain US Passport and medical card if necessary
- Must be available for 60% travel and work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate closely with others to obtain the highest level of achievement on live events and internal projects
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Benefits — Mills James offers a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k), and Roth 401(k).
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.