Mills James is seeking a Warehouse Technician to join our growing live events team.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a warehouse and logistics atmosphere; basic knowledge of audiovisual equipment a plus
- Must be punctual and be able to work independent of supervision
- Excellent communication and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and good troubleshooting skills
- Familiar with warehousing practices and methods is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and ability to drive box trucks and cargo vans; must be willing to obtain Medical Card and potentially a CDL License
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule
- Performing warehouse inventory controls and keeping quality standards high
- Keeping a clean and safe working environment and optimize space use
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and follow safety procedures, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for the management of daily setup and strike of the A/V equipment
- Perform basic maintenance on AV equipment and maintain appropriate inventory
- Communicate equipment maintenance needs to designated team members
ABOUT OUR PRE-PRO PROGRAM
Our Pre-Pro Program attracts many applicants with varied talents, unique educational backgrounds, and experience. Due to the high demand for these positions, the selection process is thorough, and program participants are held to a high standard.
During the six-month session, often called the “audition” period, you will be expected to work 40 hours per week. Your skill sets need not cover the full range needed for full-time associates. Displaying initiative and a willingness to learn will help you get the most out of your time in the program and add to your value in the marketplace.
At the sole discretion of Mills James, Pre-Pro associates who demonstrate outstanding skills and qualities may be offered the opportunity to continue in the program for a second six-month session. However, an individual’s participation in the program will not extend beyond one year.
Pre-Pro associates are paid hourly and may receive some benefits. Frequently, we are able to offer Pre-Pro participants full-time employment at the conclusion of the program.
All applicants will be required to consent to a background check before employment.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer — All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Your Right to Work — In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.