Director of Photography [DP]
Mills James has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Director of Photography in the Columbus video production facility. Be the leader of the camera and light crews and make artistic and technical decisions related to the video images being captured.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years' experience in a videographer or DP role – please provide link to current demo reel
- Experience working in the production studio and on-location in the field with large and small crews
- Expert lighting skills; Understanding of audio production
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Highly organized
- Communication skills that allow for creative collaboration with producers, directors and clients
- Valid driver’s license and medical card required; May also be required to obtain a U.S. Passport
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily complete each essential duty and other duties that may be assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with the producer and creative team to establish a visual style and production plan for each shoot
- Establish the visual look of video production and camera operation; Proficiency in the implementation of video technologies and concepts; Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Complete familiarity with the production process, pre-and-post production
- Evaluate freelancers as to their suitability to perform video-related functions
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.