An Event Planner for Mills James manages the development and execution of logistics supporting events and conferences. Key responsibilities include budget management, site selection, BEOs, online registration, print materials, transportation, accommodations, attendee communications, theming/decoration, entertainment, food and beverage and speaker selection. Our Event Planner is the on-site contact and is responsible for the smooth execution of assigned events.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in conference planning; CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) designation helpful
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to learn and become adept at using Mills James Xytech Enterprise Facilities Management Software
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable working on multiple key projects at the same time
- Motivated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Strategic thinker; Strong work ethic - set high standards of excellence; Customer focus, approachable
- Ability to collaborate with project teams to plan and execute the logistics of the attendee’s experience during a conference/event
- Flexible and willing to work long hours (evenings, weekends)
- Valid driver’s license required. Required to obtain US Passport and medical card, if necessary. Must be available for 60 percent travel and work flexible hours
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source, negotiate and manage contracts and vendors, including venue finding agents, venues, transportation, entertainment, BEOs
- Financial management, including budget development and management, direct billing, post-meeting reconciliation, and final financial reporting and cost analysis
- Manage a consistent print plan; specifically, event/conference collateral, including save the dates, invitations, speaker booklets, attendee agendas and any other requested material
- Manage a consistent digital plan; specifically, web registration, event/conference website, save the date, e-invitations and any other requested mobile components
- Manage overall event logistics, including rooming lists, ground transportation and air travel coordination
- Prepare and communicate written logistical specifications of the event/conference to the meeting venue
- On-site support for larger conferences
- Regular travel for site inspections and on-site management of live events to ensure full coordination of logistics and on-site team
- Post-event debriefs including final observations, suggestions for following year(s), managing attendee surveys, etc.
- Ensure vendor compliance guidelines are followed
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.