Graphic Designer — Pre-professional [columbus]
A graphic designer in Mills James Experience Group [MJx] Pre-Professional Program works with clients, producers, production managers and the director of creative to prepare relevant still and motion graphic designs for proposals and printed projects. With on-the-job experience, the designer will serve as graphic support and operator on-site at live events, as needed. This experience is under the watchful eye of the senior MJx graphic design team.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years’ design-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with digital design tools, video and print [Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects]
- Proficiency with graphic design technologies and concepts, including the operation of presentation software [PowerPoint, Keynote]
- Must learn and become adept at using Mills James' MediaPulse facilities management software
- Valid driver’s license required; may be required to obtain U.S. Passport, if necessary. Must be available for 40% travel and work flexible hours.
- Must submit design portfolio to be considered for this opportunity. Show us your best design work!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the effective use of graphics in live events by integrating design aesthetics to communicate brand, event vision and messaging, as directed
- Operates computer-based presentation software for live events, creating and editing content as needed
- Works closely with the design team to assist with the creation of renderings and collateral materials for proposals
- Works closely with the producer and the production manager on-site as a graphic operator, operating the presentation graphics portion of live events [including creating and editing content as needed, cueing of graphics, etc.]
- Works as part of the creative team working jobs ranging from small setups to large experiential events
- Archives final presentation materials within the graphics library and provides to producers or clients as requested
- Possessing a high degree of adaptability to continually changing and fast-paced environments
The Pre-Professional Program
Mills James Pre-Professional [Pre-Pro] Program is an intensive training program for college graduates and individuals who have trained at specialized schools for careers in the creative media production industry. The Pre-Pro Program attracts applicants with varied talents and exceptional backgrounds, experiences and education. A good Pre-Pro experience can provide participants with valuable industry experience and contacts. Due to the high demand for these positions, Mills James employs a rigorous selection process, and holds Pre-Pro participants to the same high standards as the company’s associates. Pre-Pros work 40+ hours per week during their six-month “audition.” While Pre-Pros’ skill sets need not cover the full range that would be required for full-time associates, candidates must display a strong willingness to learn and show initiative to get the most out of their experience.
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.