Scenic Render Artist [Stage/Production Designer]
A Scenic Render Artist for the Mills James Experience Group will work closely with a small group of subject matter experts and will report directly to our Director of Creative. This individual must be capable of working in a team environment to collaborate on creative concepts. They will be responsible for collaborating with the team to create small-scale scenic environments that help to bring large-scale concepts to life while executing a design in 3D space that will fit the show’s creative direction. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys creating dynamic design and takes extreme pride in their work.
- Knowledge of creating scenic designs from a CAD diagram in Cinema 4D or 3Ds Max [3D Studio Max] or equivalent
- Experience creating high-impact 2D and 3D design work, creating environments or layouts
- Skilled knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or similar
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or VectorWorks or equivalent
- Knowledge base of entertainment scenery, scenic fabrication techniques and/or theater productions should be highlighted
- Evening and weekend work may be necessary, depending on the needs of the show
- Design degree and sketching skills are a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively partner with the Creative Director, Event Producers and Production Managers to execute design based on parameters set by the needs of the event
- Efficiently manage time on all assigned projects, putting in OT when needed, with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must be creative and original with a strong sense of visual layout.
- Extremely organized with success in juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills [writing, phone, email]
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and show flexibility when receiving client or team feedback
- Ability to stay calm and focused while incorporating changes at a moment’s notice
Mills James offers a comprehensive benefit package for this full-time opportunity, including health, dental and vision care, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and our unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP].
Mills James, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please attach your résumé, design portfolio and compensation expectations.